In groups of two, see the UNEP shared report on the class-material page and write an over all critique of it. Focus on the indicated pages as they correspond to class material and focus. You may use the following questions as g guide:
- In couple of lines describe your understanding of the UN in general and UNEP in particular in protecting the environment.
- In your views: What are the SDGs that relate directly to the environment and do they cover all aspects of the environment?
- The report suggests 10 recommendations, according to earlier lectures and class material, which of those is more important and significant for the environment and why?
- The report addresses several topics such as climate, ecosystem, urbanization,…etc. What is the most significant one that can be addressed globally via the international organizations (UNEP or other)? And Why?
- The report connects the environment and health (our well-being), give an example from a case you know or from your daily life showing this relationship.
- What are the suggested policies/ government strategies to maintain healthy environments, and what is your assessment of such policies.