Established in 1936, the Interstate Environmental Commission (IEC) is a tri-state water and air pollution control agency for New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
You are an environmental consultant hired to assess and evaluate the performance of such an organization. You are tasked to indicate its strengths and weaknesses then suggest policy reform and adjustments for its mandates. You are given two academic papers to assist you:
- Political Externalities, Federalism, and a Proposal for an Interstate Environmental Impact Assessment Policy
- Evaluating collaborative environmental planning outputs and outcomes: Restoring and protecting habitat and the New York-New Jersey harbor estuary program
Your report as an evaluator should incorporate four sections:
- Current Situation of the (IEC) and its relation to individual states
- Advantages of such organization and the regional benefits it brings
- Highlight the shortcomings and explain where do you think it did not serve its purpose
- Future recommendations for its environmental mandate
In groups, write the evaluation report and do not exceed 4 pages covering the above structure.